No. 1 Southeastern (Fla.) def. No. 9 LSU Shreveport (La.) 25-13 | Box Score
Southeastern advances to play No. 5 Georgia Gwinnett on Monday at 3:00 p.m. PT
LSU Shreveport will play No. 3 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) in an elimination game on Monday at 8:30 a.m. PT
- Southeastern trailed by two after a half inning, but took the lead for good in the second inning.
- The Fire plated 10 runs in the fifth. The last time a team had 10 runs in an inning was in 2005 from former member Spalding (Ky.) with a 10-run first inning against Aquinas (Mich.)
- The World Series record for runs in a single inning is 12. Both St. Ambrose (Iowa) (1996) and former member San Diego State (Calif.) (1958) own that record.
- Southeastern tied the World Series record for runs in a game, set by Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) vs. Grand Canyon (Ariz.) in 1987.
- The World Series record for hits in a game is 25, set by Bellevue (Neb.) vs. Dallas Baptist (Texas) in 1999. The Fire came just short with 23.
- The Fire hit .511 in the game with five home runs and 11 extra base hits.