No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) def. No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) 4-3 | Box Score
Central Methodist advances to play Georgia Gwinnett on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. PT
Faulkner will play No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. PT
- Central Methodist led early with a three run first inning. Starting pitcher Mason Schwellenbach hit a three run home run, his 12th of the season, to give his Eagles a 1-0 lead.
- Faulkner tied the game in the bottom of the fourth.
- Sam Anthony reached on an error and scored on a single to left by Shawn Ross to put the first run on the board for Faulkner.
- Ross came around to score two batters later on an RBI single from Issac Phillips.
- John Michael Matthews tied the game with a sacrifice fly to deep center.
- Central Methodist regained the lead in the seventh. The Eagles took advantage of three errors in the inning as Deshawn Cole singled-home the go ahead run.
- Sergio Macias took the mound with one on and one out in the ninth and got the save, his sixth of the season.
- July Sosa went the distance for Faulkner and recorded six strikeouts and allowed three earned runs.
- Schwellenbach got the win for Central Methodist. The starter allowed one earned run in seven innings and struck-out nine.
- With the win, Central Methodist improved to 2-0 in World Series play all-time.