No. 5 Georgia Gwinnett def. No. 1 Southeastern (Fla.) 11-7 | Box Score
Georgia Gwinnett advances to play the winner of the game between No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) and No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. PT
Southeastern will play IU Southeast on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. PT (The opponent is subject to change depending on the outcome of the Central Methodist/Faulkner game)
- After trailing by a run after one inning, Georgia Gwinnett scored 11 runs from the second through the fourth.
- The eight-runs the Grizzlies scored in the fourth was the second-highest single inning run total in the series this year. Southeastern’s 10 it plated on Saturday is the most.
- Southeastern posted one run in the seventh and five in the eighth to cut the deficit to four
- Both teams hit over .340 in the game
- Southeastern leads the World Series with 32 runs in two games.
- Georgia Gwinnett is now 7-6 all-time in World Series play.
- With his two RBI today, Livingston Morris of Georgia Gwinnett leads the 2021 series with seven RBI. The junior finished two-for-three at the plate with a double and three runs scored.
- Morris joined Griffin Keller, Nick Barnes and Cord Johnson with two RBI apiece.
- Sam Faith and Pedro Castellano led Southeastern at the plate with three hits each.
- Adam McKillican earned the victory for the Grizzlies. The starter allowed two runs (one earned) and nine hits in six and two-thirds of an inning with eight strikeouts to his credit.