2021 Avista NAIA World Series – Game Three Recap
Grenadiers’ bats battle for first win of series
No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) def. No. 10 Concordia (Neb.) 4-2 | Box Score
IU Southeast (Ind.) advances to play No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. PT
Concordia (Neb.) will play an elimination against the loser of No. 3 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) and No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. PT
- The Grenadiers broke the scoreless tie in the fourth inning. Brandon Boxer scored on a groundout to third to take a 1-0 lead.
- IU Southeast extended its lead to two an inning later. Clay Woeste took advantage of a fielding error to score from second to give his team a 2-0 lead.
- On a 2-0 count with one away in the bottom of the seventh, Marco Romero gave his team a pair of critical insurance runs. The right fielder hit his seventh home run of the season, a two-run shot, to give the Grenadiers a 4-0 lead.
- Concordia (Neb.) got on the board in the top of the eighth. Ben Berg laced a two-run single up the middle to cut the Bulldog deficit in half.
- IU Southeast collected its first World Series win in program history.