2021 Avista NAIA World Series – Game 15 Recap
Georgia Gwinnett stays undefeated in win under the lights
No. 5 Georgia Gwinnett def. No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) 9-3 | Box Score
Georgia Gwinnett advances to play on Wednesday. Opponent and time will be determined by the tournament committee at the conclusion of the day
Central Methodist will play on Wednesday. Opponent and time will be determined by the tournament committee at the conclusion of the day
- Central Methodist jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first. Mason Schwellenbach hit an RBI single to shallow right to give the Eagles a 1-0 lead.
- Georgia Gwinnett followed it up in the third with a six-spot. Austin Bates belted a two-run home run, his second of the season, to give the Grizzlies a 2-1 lead.
- With a runner on first, Gabe Howell doubled to deep right-center to score Griffin Keller to make it a 4-1 game.
- After another run scored on a wild throw, Livingston Morris crossed the plate thanks to a Nick Barnes double to right.
- Gabe Howell added to the lead with a two-run home run, his 10th of the season, in the top of the fourth.
- Central Methodist plated two in the sixth. Grant Victor and Max McCay provided back-to-back RBI singles to get the Eagles to within five.
- The middle of the order for Georgia Gwinnett was the difference. The No. 2 through No. 6 hitters went a combined 10-21 at the plate.
- This is the first time in team history that Georgia Gwinnett has advanced undefeated through the winner’s bracket to Wednesday play.