2021 Avista NAIA World Series – Game One Recap
LSU Shreveport (La.) erases early deficit to advance in winner’s bracket
No. 9 LSU Shreveport (La.) def. No. 8 Keiser (Fla.) 10-3 | Box Score
LSU Shreveport advances to play No. 1 Southeastern (Fla.) on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. PT
Keiser will play an elimination against the loser of No. 4 Oklahoma Wesleyan and No. 5 Georgia Gwinnett on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. PT
- Keiser led the game with a quick lead after plating runs in both the first and the second.
- LSU Shreveport answered in the fifth with a five-run inning to take the lead for good.
- Carlos Pineyro led-off the inning with a triple and came around to score on Taylor Fajardo’s RBI single to make it a 2-1 Keiser lead.
- Ryan Major tied the game on an RBI single to short.
- Payton Robertson blew the game wide open a batter later. The senior second baseman belted a three-run home run, his eighth of the year, to give the Pilots a 5-2 lead.
- LSU Shreveport tacked-on two more runs an inning later and three more in the seventh on the way to a 10-3 win.
- The Pilots finished with 14 hits in the game as the team hit .350 for the game.
- Sebastian Selway picked-up his seventh win on the hill for LSU Shreveport.
- Both Robertson and Austin McNicholas had a three-hit day for the Pilots.