2021 Avista NAIA World Series – Game Four Recap
Frias silences Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) bats.
No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) def. No. 3 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 4-0 | Box Score
Faulkner advances to play the winner of No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) vs. No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) on Monday at 6:30 p.m. PT
Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) will play an elimination against No. 10 Concordia (Neb.) on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. PT
· Faulkner jumped-out in front of a loud Lewiston crowd with a solo home run from Issac Phillips, his fourth of the year, to make it 1-0 in the second inning.
· The Eagles extended it to 2-0 later in the second on an RBI single from Justin Lara to left-center.
· Faulkner wrapped-up the scoring in the same inning with a sacrifice fly from Sam Anthony to make it 3-0.
· In the top of the eighth, Shawn Ross finished the scoring for the Eagles. The junior sent a towering drive over the green wall to straight-away center to give Faulkner a 4-0 lead.
· Antonio Frias was as-advertised and had another in a line of impressive outings in 2021. The senior lefty improved to 12-0 on the year and now has 26 career wins for the Eagles.
· Frias went eight full innings and allowed no runs on six hits with 13 strikeouts.
· Tonight’s contest marks the first time in 325 games, dating back to 2015, since the Warriors have been shut out.