2021 Avista NAIA World Series – Game 14 Recap
Eagles fend off Grenadiers to extend season in marathon game
No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) def. No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) 14-10 | Box Score
Faulkner advances to play on Wednesday. Opponent and time will be determined by the tournament committee at the conclusion of the day
IU Southeast (Ind.) has been eliminated from play.
- In an offensive battle, Faulkner came out on top after a five-run seventh to break the deadlock at eight apiece.
- The Eagles plated four in the first and two in the second to take a lead early.
- IU Southeast came back and rattled off two runs in each of the first two innings and tied the game at eight in the bottom of the sixth.
- With a slim, one run advantage, Faulkner turned to its ace, Antonio Frias to help settle things down. The Eagles’ pitcher allowed three earned runs in 4.1 innings of work with six strikeouts to his credit.
- Frias was credited with the win, his 13th of the year.
- Official time of the game was 4:09, six minutes shy of tying a World Series record for a nine-inning game.
- IU Southeast used nine total pitchers, which ties the World Series record.
- Combined, there were 13 pitchers used, one shy of the World Series record of 14.
- Sam Anthony led both teams with five RBI in the game.
- Faulkner’s Anthony and Alex Arauz both collected three hits in the game. Daunte Decello was the lone player from IU Southeast with three hits.