No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) def. No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) 11-5 | Box Score
Central Methodist advances to play No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) on Monday at 6:30 p.m. PT
IU Southeast will play No. 8 Keiser (Fla.) in an elimination game on Monday at 11:30 a.m. PT
- After three straight innings of zeros on the board, IU Southeast struck first in the fourth. John Ullom drove-in the first run of the game to give the Grenadiers a 1-0 lead.
- Ullom, the sophomore came around to score moments later on an error to give his team a 2-0 advantage.
- Central Methodist plated eight runs in the bottom of the fourth, the second highest run total in a single inning of the 2021 World Series.
- The Eagles hit back-to-back-to-back home runs in the fourth inning (Kenny Otero, Logan Haring and Sergio Macias).
- Macias hit his second home run of the game in the bottom of the seventh to extend the Eagles’ lead to 9-3. It was the senior’s fifth, two-home run game of the season.
- Haring and Macias have combined for 40 home runs on the season.
- Central Methodist earned its first win in NAIA World Series history, just over 24 hours after IU Southeast had already done the same.