No. 8 Keiser (Fla.) def. No. 4 Oklahoma Wesleyan 8-3 | Box Score
Keiser advances to play the loser of No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) vs. No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) on Monday at 11:30 a.m. PT
Oklahoma Wesleyan has been eliminated from play
- Keiser had a fast start on Saturday with a three-run first inning.
- Ben McConnell and Erik Owen both singled and scored before Zach Mazur lined an RBI double down the left field line to complete the scoring in the opening frame.
- The Seahawks plated another two in the fourth on a bases-loaded walk and a fielder’s choice to make it 5-0.
- Down 6-0 heading into the bottom of the fifth, Oklahoma Wesleyan got on the scoreboard thanks to Sam Delgado’s 12th home run of the year to make it 6-1.
- Both teams traded two-run blows in the sixth.
- Pablo Arevalo went the distance, the first pitcher to toss a complete game in the 2021 Avista NAIA World Series. The senior allowed three runs on eight hits to earn his 10th win of the season.
- Arevalo is one of the top-ranked pitchers in the nation in ERA this season. Entering the game, he was ranked No. 2 overall in the NAIA in that category.
- As a team, Keiser hit .341 in the game.
- Saturday’s win was the second all-time for Keiser in World Series history.
- Keiser’s game time was adjusted to 11:30 a.m. PT due to the rule that a team may not play in three consecutive games that begin at 8:30 a.m. PT.