Oklahoma Wesleyan vs Georgia Gwinnett
2021 Avista NAIA World Series – Game Two Recap
Grizzlies power hitting leads team to day one victory.
No. 4 Georgia Gwinnett vs. No. 5 Oklahoma Wesleyan 9-6 | Box Score
Georgia Gwinnett advances to play the winner of No. 1 Southeastern (Fla.) and No. 9 LSU Shreveport (La.) on Monday at 3:00 p.m. PT
Oklahoma Wesleyan will play an elimination against No. 8 Keiser (Fla.) on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. PT
- Cody Muncy gave Oklahoma Wesleyan an early 1-0 lead in the first with his 27th home run of the year.
- Georgia Gwinnett answered in the third. Chase Evans singled to lead-off and came around to score two batters later on an Austin Bates RBI single to tie it at one.
- In the fifth, the Grizzlies took the lead on a two-run home run by Griffin Keller, his 17th of the season.
- Hunter Dollander retired 12 in a row from the beginning in the second inning all the way through one out in the sixth. The senior tossed 8.1 innings and earned the win to move to 11-1 on the year.
- After it was all said and done, Georgia Gwinnett cranked three home runs in the game.
- Down 9-1, Oklahoma Wesleyan put together a five-run bottom of the ninth in a comeback bid, but fell just short.
- The Eagles scored five runs on five hits in the final half-inning of the game.
- Georgia Gwinnett designated hitter Livingston Morris went 3-5 with five RBI in the contest. The junior finished the day a triple shy of the cycle.