LSU-Shreveport vs Lewis-Clark State
No. 3 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) def. No. 9 LSU Shreveport (La.) 9-6 | Box Score
Lewis-Clark State advances to play the loser of the game between No. 6 Faulkner (Ala.) and No. 2 Central Methodist (Mo.) on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. PT (The opponent is subject to change depending on the outcome of the Central Methodist/Faulkner game)
LSU Shreveport has been eliminated from play
- Lewis-Clark State recorded the first run of the game, thanks to a Jack Johnson home run, his seventh of the year, to left field to make it a 1-0 game in the top of the first.
- LSU Shreveport responded in the bottom half with a crooked number to get the lead. The Pilots scored four runs on four hits, capped-off with a three-run blast by Carlos Pineyro. It was the sophomore’s seventh home run of the year.
- The Warriors cut into the deficit in the top of the fourth. Luke White doubled and scored to put his team down by one, 4-3.
- Lewis-Clark State exploded for five runs in the top of the fifth. White again put the Lewiston fans on their feet with his 11th home run of the season to make it a 7-4 lead.
- The Pilots got one back in the bottom of the fifth. Taylor Fajardo hit his 16th home run of the season, a solo shot, to make it an 8-5 game.
- Brock Ephan put the final run of the day up for the Warriors in the top of the eighth with his 16th home run of the season to give his team a 9-5 lead.
- Miguel Morgan followed in the bottom half of the inning with his seventh home run of the season.
- Jesse Parker entered in the first inning and stopped the bleeding for Lewis-Clark State. The senior allowed one run on seven hits in six and one-third innings in relief.
- Greg Blackman entered the game for the Warriors with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth and preserved the win. The sophomore struck-out two and faced just three batters to continue the Warriors’ season.
- The last time Lewis-Clark State played LSU Shreveport in a World Series game, the Pilots hit a walk-off grand slam to win the game.