IU Southeast vs. Keiser
No. 7 IU Southeast (Ind.) def. No. 8 Keiser (Fla.) 9-7 | Box Score
IU Southeast advances to play the loser of the game between No. 1 Southeastern and No. 5 Georgia Gwinnett on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. PT (The opponent is subject to change depending on the outcome of the Central Methodist/Faulkner game)
Keiser has been eliminated from play
- Keiser scored the game’s first run in the bottom of the first. Ben McConnell doubled and scored on a Mason Dinesen single to take a 1-0 lead.
- IU Southeast tied the game in the fifth. After Clay Woeste doubled to lead-off the inning, the junior came around to score on a ground out to third. He finished two-for-three at the plate with two RBI and two doubles.
- The Grenadiers’ offense put its stamp on the game in both the sixth and seventh innings. The team scored four in the sixth and added three in the seventh.
- Trailing 9-5 in the bottom of the ninth, Keiser’s Tim Bouchard hit a two-run home run, his 17th of the season, to get cut the deficit to two. Mathew Catalfo came a few feet away from following with a solo home run, but it was instead a loud second out.
- The official time of the game was three hours and 40 minutes, the longest of the World Series this year. The longest ever game in a World Series that did not go to extra innings was 4:15 minutes.
- With the win, IU Southeast is now 2-1 in World Series play.